Sunday, March 13, 2011

Work...


This is an exert out of the draft I have written so far about my plan for this year:

...Deborah Levine describes a transitional “in-between realm that often manifests in artistic endeavours.” The concept of a realm that exists between the real and the imagined is one that is addressed throughout children’s fantasy stories. “Alice in wonderland,” “The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe,” “Pans Labyrinth,” “The Little Princess” and “The Secret Garden.” all describe realms that exist between the real and the imagined. Artists also work through this “in-between realm” as they “intertwine fragments of there lives into creations that bring into play both reality and imagination.” (Deborah Levine)

Fairy tales “Came to speak simultaneously to all levels of the human personality, communicating in a manner which reaches the uneducated mind of the child as well as that of the sophisticated adult.” (Bettelheim) This year I want to continue my 2011 research into fairy stories and fantasy. I am looking at the broad idea of a fairy story particularly those fantasy tales which have enthralled me during my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment